3/18/13

Meeting Two Angels - Day 2



 

On my second day in Manila, I asked my uncle Wil to go with me to buy some stuffs for my room like bed, electric fan, hangers etc. It was a hot day the heat could kill me. I didn't want to turn into a wrinkly dried prune so we decided to take some rest and have something to eat and drink. We spotted an Ice Cream store (I forgot the name) and then Dunkin Donuts. So I ordered what seemed to be palatable and easy to eat...pizzaaa!!! Anyway, just when I was about to leave and take the pizza to Dunkin Donuts, someone tapped me on my elbow. So I turned my back and as soon as I found out that it's a young boy with a sad face and dirty feet because he didn't have slippers, my heart broke instantly. He asked me if I could give him money and I replied with a big "no" but not in a way that could hurt the boy's feelings. I told him that it would be better if I give him food instead. Then, I noticed that he's not alone, he's with another boy. So I did a little bit of interview and found out that they're cousins, they don't have parents and they're being taken care of by their grandmother. So, anyway, I offered them Ice Cream and told them to get whatever ice cream they want. They took the smallest ones. They sat down quietly at the table closed to where people outside the store pass by. I told them not to leave because there'll be more food coming. I ordered one small pizza (sliced into four ,which I should've ordered first before ice cream, lol) and two apple juice. So as I observed them from the counter while waiting for their food to arrive, I noticed that they're happy kids. They smiled at each other most of the time and let me tell you this, as simple as it is, they made me happy.

This story is not a way to brag or to let you know what I did for them. It's main purpose is to simply share this beautiful story with these beautiful angels I've encountered recently. Sometimes they show up in your life to make you realize that you could be nice once again or that you could be inspired to do good to people. They're there sent by God to test your heart and to make yourself believe that you are useful in a way God made you.
 
 
So what to do when the sun is too generous in providing mr. hot hot heat ??? haha...
 
Thanks!
 
Chantell
 

No comments: